Microsoft Outlook 2013 E-mail Configuration
1. Open Outlook 2013.
2. Click File in the top left corner, then click Add Account.
3. Next, select Manually setup or additional server types, then click Next.
4. In this screen, choose POP or IMAP, then click Next.
5. This window is where you enter your email information.
Replace parts saying <your-domain> with your domain name. Example - ashleycho.com
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address username@<your-domain> in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3 for Account Type.
- Enter mail.<your-domain> in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server field.
- Enter mail.<your-domain> in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field.
- Enter your full email address, username@<your-domain>, in the User Name field.
- Enter your email password in the Password field.
6. Perform the following steps:
- Click on More Settings...
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication. Make sure Use same setting as my incoming mail server is also checked. Click on OK.
7. Click on the Advanced tab.
- Make sure that the Incoming Server (POP3) port number is 110
- Change the Outgoing Server (SMTP) port number to 26
- For Use the following type of encrypted connection choose None
- Under Delivery, Tick the check box Leave a copy of messages on the server
- Tick the check box Remove from server after and change number of Days to 30
- Click the OK to save
8. Click the Test Account Settings button and you should see all items with green check marks... Click the Close Button to close the test window. Click OK to save your settings.
Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click Finish to close the setup wizard.