Microsoft Outlook 2007 email configuration
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007
2. Click the Tools menu and select Account Settings
3. Click the email tab, then the New... Button to add a new email account
4. Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next
5. On the Auto Account Setup window select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click Next
6. Select the Internet E-mail option and click Next
7. In the Internet Email Settings window, enter your information as follows:
Replace parts saying <your-domain> with your domain name. Example - ashleycho.com
- Your name
In the your name field, type your name as you would like it to appear on the emails you send.
- Email Address
In this field, enter your full email address in the form - username@<domain-name>
- Server information
Select POP3 in the Account Type menu, then enter mail.<domain-name> in the Incoming mail server field. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, enter mail.<domain-name>
- Logon information
In this field, enter your username in the form username.<domain-name>
Enter your email password in the Password field. Then tick the box that says "Remember Password".
8. Click on More Settings, then click the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
9. Make sure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is also checked, then click on the Advanced tab.
10.Enter the settings Below
- In the Server Port Numbers section, Change the number to 26 for the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) field
- In the Delivery section, Tick the check box for Leave a copy of messages on server
- Also tick the check box for Remove from server after and change the number to 30.
- Click OK
11.Click the Test Account Settings button, and you should see all items with green check marks. Click the Close button to close the test window, then click OK to save your settings.
12. Congratulations. You have now completed the set-up of your email account. Click Finish to close the set-up wizard.